Scott A. Bowdridge, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Food Animal Production
Address: G050 Agricultural Science Building
- Postdoctoral Fellow, New Jersey Medical School, Parasite Immunology, 2009-2011
- Ph.D., Virginia Tech, Animal Science, 2009
- M.S., University of Maine – Orono, Animal Science, 2005
- B.S., California State University – Chico, Agriculture Science, 1998
- Assistant Professor, Division of Animal and Nutritional Sciences, Davis College, WVU, 2011-present
- ANPH 430 Breeding of Farm Animals
- ANPR 338/339 Intro/Advanced Livestock Evaluation
- AVS 696 Graduate Seminar
- AVS 593 Veterinary Immunology
- VETS 405 Parasitology Lab
Research and Professional Interests
- Parasite Immunology
- Th2-type Immune Response
- Macrophage Differentiation
- Small Ruminant Production
- American Association of Veterinary Parasitology
- American Society of Animal Science
- American Association of Immunology
- American Consortium of Small Ruminant Parasitology
- American Sheep Industry
- Jacobs, J.R., S.P Greiner, S.A. Bowdridge. 2015. Serum interleukin-4 (IL-4) production is associated with lower fecal egg count in parasite-resistant sheep. Vet. Parasitol. 211:102-105.
- MacKinnon, K.M., S.A. Bowdridge, I. Kanevsky-Mullarky, A.M. Zajac, D.R. Notter. 2015. Gene expression profiles of hair and wool sheep reveal importance of Th2 immune mechanisms for increased resistance to Haemonchus contortus. J. Anim. Sci. 93:2074-2082.
- Bowdridge, S.A., A.M. Zajac, D.R. Notter. 2015. St. Croix sheep produce a rapid and greater cellular immune response contributing to reduced establishment of Haemonchus contortus. Vet. Parasitol. 208:204-210.
- De Wolf, B.M., A.M. Zajac, K.A. Hoffer, B.L. Sartini, S. Bowdridge, T LaRoith, K.H. Petersson. 2014. The effect of vitamin E supplementation on an experimental Haemonchus contortus infection. Vet. Parasitol. 205: 140-149
- Bowdridge, S., K. Mackinnon, J.C. McCann, A.M. Zajac, D.R. Notter. 2013. Hair-type sheep generate an accelerated and longer-lived humoral immune response to Haemonchus contortus infection. Vet. Parasitol. 196:172-178
- Chen, F., Z. Liu, W. Wu, C. Rozo, S. Bowdridge, A. Millman, N. VanRooijen, J.F. Urban Jr., T.A. Wynn, W.C. Gause. 2012. An essential role for TH2-type responses in limiting acute damage during experimental helminth infection. Nat. Med. 15:260-266
- Bowdridge, S. and W.C. Gause. 2010. Regulation of alternative macrophage activation by chromatin remodeling. Nat. Immunol. 11:879-81.
- Liu, Q., T. Kreider, S. Bowdridge, Z. Liu, Y. Song, A.G. Gaydo, J.F. Urban Jr., W.C. Gause. 2010. B-cells have distinct roles in host protection against different nematode parasites. J. Immunol. 184:5213-5223.