Scott A. Bowdridge, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Food Animal Production
Address: G050 Agricultural Science Building
- Postdoctoral Fellow, New Jersey Medical School, Parasite Immunology, 2009-2011
- Ph.D., Virginia Tech, Animal Science, 2009
- M.S., University of Maine – Orono, Animal Science, 2005
- B.S., California State University – Chico, Agriculture Science, 1998<
- Assistant Professor, Division of Animal and Nutritional Sciences, Davis College, WVU, 2011-present
- ANPH 430 Breeding of Farm Animals
Research and Professional Interests
- Parasite Immunology
- Th2-type Immune Response
- Macrophage Differentiation
- Small Ruminant Production
- Bowdridge, S. and W.C. Gause. 2010. Regulation of alternative macrophage activation by chromatin remodeling. Nat. Immunol. 11:879-81.
- Liu, Q., T. Kreider, S. Bowdridge, Z. Liu, Y. Song, A.G. Gaydo, J.F. Urban Jr., W.C. Gause. 2010. B-cells have distinct roles in host protection against different nematode parasites. J. Immunol. 184:5213-5223.