Jeryl C. Jones, DVM, PhD, DACVR
Professor of Veterinary Radiology
- PhD, Auburn University, Biomedical Sciences, 1995
- Diplomate American College of Veterinary Radiology, 1992
- DVM, University of Georgia, 1982
- BS, Clemson University, Zoology, 1979
- Adjunct Professor, Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences,
VA-MD Regional College of Vet Med, Virginia Tech, 2012-present
- Editor-in-Chief, Veterinary Radiology & Ultrasound, 2012-present https://www.acvr.org/page/journal
- Professor, Division of Animal and Nutritional Sciences, Davis College, WVU, 2011-present
- Coordinator, Veterinary Radiology Consultation Service, Division of Animal and Nutritional Sciences, 2011-present. http://animalsciences.wvu.edu/vet_rad_consultation_services
- Professor, Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences,
VA-MD Regional College of Vet Med, Virginia Tech, 2010-2011
- Adjunct Faculty, Translational Science Institute, Wake Forest University, 2008-2010
Associate Professor, Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences,
- VA-MD Regional College of Vet Med, Virginia Tech, 2001-2010
Assistant Professor, Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences,
- VA-MD Regional College of Vet Med, Virginia Tech, 1995-2001
- Instructor and Radiology Resident, Department of Radiology,
College of Vet Med, Auburn University, 1989-1994
- Associate Veterinarian, Village Veterinary Clinic, Auburn, AL, 1989
- Associate Veterinarian and Satellite Clinic Manager,
Aiken Veterinary Clinics, Aiken and Barnwell, SC, 1986-1989
- Associate Veterinarian, Boulevard Animal Hospital, Syracuse, NY, 1982-1986
- Lower back pain in working dogs
Diagnostic imaging applications in natural and experimental animal models
Jones Research Lab
- American Society of Neuroradiology
- American College of Veterinary Radiology
- Veterinary CT/MRI Society
- West Virginia Veterinary Medical Association
- Jones JC, Tucker TJ, Tan JC, Pierce BJ, Foxworth JL, Long B, Harper TAM, Moreno D. Developing a technique for 3D visualization of skeletal movements in working dogs. J Vet Behavior 2013; 8: 309-315.
- Rossmeisl JH, Jones JC, Zimmerman KL, Robertson JL. Effects of palliative medical therapy on survival and quality of life in 50 dogs with intracranial neoplasms. J Am Vet Med Assoc 2013; 242: 193-198.
- Gomez M, Mieres M, Gutierrez C, Jones J. CT myelography characteristics of spinal dysraphism in a young mixed breed dog. Arch Med Vet 2012; 44: 191-194.
- Jones J, Gonzalez L, Larson M, Freeman L, Werre S. Feasibility and accuracy of ultrasound-guided sacroiliac joint injection in dogs. Vet Radiol Ultras 2012; 53 (4) 446-454.
- Henao-Guerrero N, Ricco C, Jones JC, Buechner-Maxwell V, Daniel GB. Comparison of four ventilatory protocols for thoracic computed tomography examinations in healthy cats. Am J Vet Res 2012; 73:646-653.
- Harper TAM, Jones JC, Saunders GK, Daniel GB, LeRoith T, Rossmeisl E. Sensitivity of Low-Field Magnetic Resonance Imaging for Detecting the Presence and Severity of Histopathologic Meniscal Lesions in Dogs with Naturally Occurring Cranial Cruciate Ligament Rupture. Vet Radiol Ultras 2011; 52: 428-435.