PhD, Auburn University, Biomedical Sciences, 1995
Diplomate American College of Veterinary Radiology, 1992
DVM, University of Georgia, 1982
BS, Clemson University, Zoology, 1979
Adjunct Professor, Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences,
VA-MD Regional College of Vet Med, Virginia Tech, 2012-present
Editor-in-Chief, Veterinary Radiology & Ultrasound, 2012-present https://www.acvr.org/page/journal
Professor, Division of Animal and Nutritional Sciences, Davis College, WVU, 2011-present
Coordinator, Veterinary Radiology Consultation Service, Division of Animal and Nutritional Sciences,
Professor, Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences,
VA-MD Regional College of Vet Med, Virginia Tech, 2010-2011
Adjunct Faculty, Translational Science Institute, Wake Forest University, 2008-2010
Associate Professor, Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences,
VA-MD Regional College of Vet Med, Virginia Tech, 2001-2010
Assistant Professor, Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences,
VA-MD Regional College of Vet Med, Virginia Tech, 1995-2001
Instructor and Radiology Resident, Department of Radiology,
College of Vet Med, Auburn University, 1989-1994
Associate Veterinarian, Village Veterinary Clinic, Auburn, AL, 1989
Associate Veterinarian and Satellite Clinic Manager,
Aiken Veterinary Clinics, Aiken and Barnwell, SC, 1986-1989
Associate Veterinarian, Boulevard Animal Hospital, Syracuse, NY, 1982-1986
Lower back pain in working dogs
Diagnostic imaging applications in natural and experimental animal models
Jones Research Lab
American Society of Neuroradiology
American College of Veterinary Radiology
Veterinary CT/MRI Society
West Virginia Veterinary Medical Association
1. Jones JC, Tucker TJ, Tan JC, Pierce BJ, Foxworth JL, Long B, Harper TAM, Moreno D. Developing a technique for 3D visualization of skeletal movements in working dogs. J Vet Behavior 2013; 8: 309-315.
2. Rossmeisl JH, Jones JC, Zimmerman KL, Robertson JL. Effects of palliative medical therapy on survival and quality of life in 50 dogs with intracranial neoplasms. J Am Vet Med Assoc 2013; 242: 193-198.
3. Gomez M, Mieres M, Gutierrez C, Jones J. CT myelography characteristics of spinal dysraphism in a young mixed breed dog. Arch Med Vet 2012; 44: 191-194.
4. Jones J, Gonzalez L, Larson M, Freeman L, Werre S. Feasibility and accuracy of ultrasound-guided sacroiliac joint injection in dogs. Vet Radiol Ultras 2012; 53 (4) 446-454.
5. Henao-Guerrero N, Ricco C, Jones JC, Buechner-Maxwell V, Daniel GB. Comparison of four ventilatory protocols for thoracic computed tomography examinations in healthy cats. Am J Vet Res 2012; 73:646-653.
6. Harper TAM, Jones JC, Saunders GK, Daniel GB, LeRoith T, Rossmeisl E. Sensitivity of Low-Field Magnetic Resonance Imaging for Detecting the Presence and Severity of Histopathologic Meniscal Lesions in Dogs with Naturally Occurring Cranial Cruciate Ligament Rupture. Vet Radiol Ultras 2011; 52: 428-435.